Friday, September 01, 2006

Ferrets Like Magic

So I was down on the floor playing with my ferrets - Sneakers and Socks (don't blame me for the names - I got them from a family who couldn't care for them anymore). Socks had grabbed a plastic doo-hickey that I took away from him. Of course he wanted it back so I showed it to him in my left hand, reached over with my right and "took it." In reality, I French-Dropped it (magic trick move). I moved my right hand away from my left, which I put on my leg in a natural position while palming the doohickey. He followed my right, and I opened it and showed him the doohickey had vanished.

He looked at my right then to my left hand and back to my right and then up at me for just a second then bounced off to go find something else to play with.

My first thought was, "Wow, that was a very human reaction to a magic trick. Kind of smart of Socks to quasi-realize I was tricking him even if he didn't figure it out."

My second thought was, "I'm doing magic tricks for ferrets. What has my life become?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home