Friday, April 11, 2008

The Internet Mocks and Heals My Pain

After returning home from viewing Sneakers' body and having a good cry, I wanted to just be numb for a while so I found a flash game on the internet I hadn't played in a while. It requires no strategy or any real thinking - just moving around and picking up things.

When the page loaded up, there was an animated advertisement at the top of the page for a personalized credit card. It started out with the face of a guy and some sort of animal that I couldn't quite tell what it was - or even that it was an animal. The text in the ad changed, telling us about all the great benefits of having this particular card - in first person voice as if the guy in the ad was talking to us (I can do this; I can do that). At the end, the pictures changed, and the words changed to, "And I can even put Reggie's picture on it." A credit card with a picture of a ferret on it then dropped into the picture.

I laughed and cried at the same time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home