Tuesday, October 21, 2008

It's a Damn Shame I Hate Working Retail

I can apparently get anyone to buy stupid things. One year when I was laid off from my regular job, I took a temp position at a local magic/costume store during the Halloween season (the owner is the person who gave me my first balloon twisting job). I sold a record eight gorilla suits and convinced (on accident since I was joking) an attractive woman who was going as a hula dancer to go with the seashell bra as the coconut one would make her look like a slut.

Anyway, I'm helping the owner of the other magic/costume shop in town (he also gets me balloon twisting jobs) with his other costume shop in a small town north of Tulsa. Today I convinced a teenage boy to buy an astronaut costume and wear a werewolf mask underneath the head bubble so he could be a lycanthropic lunar astronaut whose werewolf curse is always apparent whenever he's on the moon since the moon is what makes those so-cursed get all hairy and toothy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home