Saturday, January 24, 2009

I Found My Purple Comb - A Boring Story

In 1994, when I was visiting Mexico to take my last class for a Spanish major through a program at my university (this is how I met Jacinta), I lost the comb I had brought with me. Across from the Hotel Gillow (at the corners of Isabela La Catolica and Cinco de Mayo) where we were staying while in Mexico City, was a pharmacy so I bought a new comb from there. They didn't have any of the normal black (usually ACE brand) combs but only cheap purple ones.

Over the last 15 years, that comb has unintentionally become another souveneir from the trip (one I use daily) as I've - almost unintentionally and unconsciously - put more care into keeping it safe than any other comb. Over Christmas I didn't have a spare comb to take to Kansas with me so I took it, and I thought I had lost it. Last night while going through some duffle bags to make sure nothing was in them before putting them away, I found it.

It was probably the highlight of my day.

1 Comments:

At 5:14 AM, Blogger Ibid said...

HA-ha! Your life sucks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home